Program & Activities
With a track record of over 30 years of dedication, the Tucson Urban League provides quality childcare and after school programs for Tucson’s most impoverished neighborhoods. This program supports one of our organization’s most critical initiatives; to ensure that every American child is adequately prepared for college, work, and life. Our strategy focuses on developing a continuum of support for youth from the cradle to post-secondary education opportunities or work by educating, advocating, and inclusive collaboration.
The After School program’s goals
- Expand initiatives designed to help close the achievement gap between minorities and their non-minority counterparts in area public school systems.
- Increase the participation of families in the education process of their children; and Increase the number of African American and Hispanic children enrolled in quality childcare and preschool programs.
Project Y.E.S. provides a safe and constructive place for low-income children enrolled in our preschool, pre-kindergarten, and before and after-school programs. Students can also receive after school homework help.
Project Y.E.S. Details
7:00AM – 6:00PM
Ages 5 – 12 Years
Starting at $25/week
Multiple Sibling Discounts Available
FREE Snacks Provided
After School Homework is Available From:
Monday 2:30PM – 5:30PM
Tuesday 2:30PM – 5:30PM
Wednesday 1:30PM – 5:30PM
Thursday 2:30PM – 5:30PM
Friday 2:30PM – 5:30PM
Project Y.E.S. After School and Preschool Program goals
- Ensure all children enter school cognitively, physically, socially, and emotionally ready.
- Ensure all children read at grade level by 3rd grade.
- Improve appreciation of the value of community service and competence in making appropriate decisions when functioning in a variety of public/social situations.
- Provide safe and structured recreational activities that support social development of the children served.
- Ensure all children are prepared for kindergarten.
- Ensure all children are reading at grade level.
- Improved grades for struggling students